Monday, August 24, 2009

Forever Family Day





Today we finally got to hold our Toby in our arms for the first time. I was a nervous wreck all morning just thinking about how it may all go. We left the hotel at 9:40am and headed to the registration office. When we arrived and walked in I saw Toby was already there. I immediately started crying. Within a couple minutes he was in my arms. He didn't cry but did look a little strangely at this woman who was holding him with tears running down her face. He allowed me to hold him for a while and then I passed him on to Dave. The scene was a little chaotic with all the families meeting their children and trying to video and take pictures for one another. They had a play area and after about 30 minutes Toby pointed that he wanted to go there. We played and he crawled around and pulled to standing. He's not walking but I'm thinking it won't be long. We even got a couple small smiles out of him. I don't think he ever got the first care package I sent as the orphanage did not return anything to me from it. They did return the camera I sent with the cake so I'm looking forward to developing it sometime in the next couple days. We said thank you to his nannies and got a couple pictures and gave them our gifts.

After leaving the registration office we headed to a photo place to have our family adoption picture taken for our adoption certificate. Toby was a champ and ate snacks non stop on the bus ride over there. I think he was pretty hungry. He definitely looks well taken care of and has a good bit of chub on him. He must weigh the same as Lucy, although shorter.

Once back at the hotel we got his diaper changed and made him a bottle. He sucked it down and then wanted more. He drank of total of 10 oz of formula with rice cereal mixed in. The babies are accustomed to very hot and thick formula. He was obviously tired and Dave held him and he got very peaceful. Dave put him in the crib and rubbed his back. After a few minutes he was sound asleep and slept for 3 hours. Upon waking he cried but quickly quieted when I picked him up and began to play with him. He then ate an entire banana that I slightly mashed for him. It was so cute as he kept scooting closer and closer to me as he ate. The rest of the afternoon was paperwork and play time.

We decided to get some take out for dinner and just hang in the room and get to know one another. Toby ate rice and had another bottle. He really thinks Dave is funny and will laugh and giggle with him. He's even started wrestling already. He was grunting over and over at us until we realized he wanted us to turn the tv on. I suppose they must watch in the orphanage. He loved the bath mommy gave him and played happily for almost 30 minutes in the tub. After a quick, online chat with the family it was off to bed. He fell asleep quickly cuddling with a little pillow.

We are tired from the day but so overjoyed that we are finally a family. We thank you for your prayers and support and ask that you continue to lift us up. Please pray for good health for all of us and continued peace in this time of transition. Love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment