Thursday, August 27, 2009

Almost Done in Henan


We leave tomorrow to head to Guangzhou which will be our final stop on our China trip. I'm definitely feeling homesick and missing the kids a lot. I had a tough day on Tuesday and another mom was so kind and gave me a little pep talk. She reminded me that I just had to make it through today and the only needed to worry about one day at a time. I feel a sense of relief to know that when I wake up in the morning it will only be one more week till we fly home. Don't get me wrong. I am enjoying so much of China but I'm really ready to settle into regular family life again. Living in hotels and eating out all the time get a little much sometimes.

Toby continues to do well and is a happy boy. He and I had some alone time today and aside from looking at the door a few times to see is Dave was coming back he did well. He doesn't let me hold him unless I'm giving him his bottle or feeding him but he will play with me and interact on the floor. He will be very silly and playful while Dave is holding him. He seems to really feel safe with daddy and we are grateful for that. He also started saying mama today. I'm not in anyway convinced that it is directed at me but it is still nice to hear. Due to his anxious attachment with Dave we are now co-sleeping with Toby. All I have to say is it is amazing to me how a small body can take up so much room on a king size bed.

Today we went for a walk in a nice park close to our hotel. It was hot today so we went early after breakfast and then staying indoors the rest of the day. Toby went in the pool at the hotel today and had a great time. He really likes the water. He was very trusting of Dave and relaxed in his arms in the pool.

Please pray for my sinus's. I'm feeling a little better but as we have another flight tomorrow I really would like for them to clear up more. Thanks for praying for the families that are struggling. They are making positive progress and we are excited about that. We cherish your continued prayers for all of us as well as our children at home.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment